1) The student will be able to use the adjectives “lazy” and “hardworking” and apply them to the fables 1.0 and 2.0.
2) The students will be able to apply the adjectives lazy and hardworking in the present tense to themselves and their classmates.
3) The more advanced students will be able to discuss the moral of the story of the fables presented.
Lazy versus Hardworking
1.1) Describe Bad Badtz Maru using adjectives.
1.2) Describe the grasshopper using adjectives.
1.3) Describe Hana Maru (white seal) using adjectives.
1.4) Describe Ijuin Pandaba (female panda) using adjectives.
1.5) Describe the ants using adjectives.
1.6) What is the moral of the story?
2.1) Describe the hare using adjectives.
2.2) Describe the tortoise using adjectives.
2.3) What is the moral of the story?
3.1) Describe the boy using adjectives.
3.2) Describe the wolf using adjectives.
3.3) What is the moral of the story?
4.1) Describe the lion using adjectives.
4.2) Describe the mouse using adjectives.
4.3) What is the moral of the story?
5.0) Three Little Pigs
5.1) Is The Three Little Pigs a fable?
Moral of the story answers:
1.0) Work hard now to prepare for the future.
2.0) Slowly but steady does it every time!
3.0) A liar will not be believed, even when telling the truth.
4.0) Little friends may prove great friends.
1) Pick an animal mask
2) Form a group with 2-4 students
3) Create a fable of your own. Remember a fable must have a moral to the story and tell the class the moral of your story at the end of your fable. The animals should be in character.
4) What sort of adjectives would you use to describe a bear, bunny, cheetah, deer, elephant, fox, monkey, ox, panda and wolf?
5) How would the animals chosen interact?
6) Present the fable in front of the class!